Do you know someone who might be a good fit for the job?
ThriveAP’s education programs, ThriveAP and ThriveAP+, are growing and were looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and motivated Family Nurse Practitioner to join our team. If you or someone you know is an experienced FNP enthusiastic about helping new grads with the challenges they face after graduation, here’s an overview of the open position.
ThriveAP Class Leader – Job Description
Job Title: Class Leader
Commitment: Part-time (8-10 hours/week)
Location: Remote or in Nashville, TN
ThriveAP is hiring a Family Nurse Practitioner to lead cohorts of new graduate NPs and PAs participating in ThriveAP. What is ThriveAP, you ask? ThriveAP is an education program for less experienced nurse practitioners and physician assistants to help them overcome the learning curve NPs and PAs face after graduation in their first jobs. You can download an info packet about ThriveAP here or you can learn more about ThriveAP’s programs on our website.
1. Facilitate weekly webinars (twice weekly) – Our webinars begin with 30 minutes of discussion or mini presentations. This discussion period is then followed by 60 minutes of clinical content presented by a speaker who is an expert in a particular clinical topic.
2. Prepare Presentations- The Class Leader will present on clinical topics during some webinar sessions.
3. Attend Nashville Kickoff Conference – NPs/PAs in each cohort converge on Nashville for a 2-day continuing education session to kick off the start of the year. The Class Leader will attend to get to know the NPs in the group. Our 2019 kickoff conferences will be held April 4th-5th, 2019 and September 12th-13th, 2019.
4. NP/PA Support – NPs and PAs say that one of their favorite parts of the program is knowing that someone has their back when challenges come up or they feel overwhelmed with new grad life etc. The Class Leader will call each NP at least bimonthly for a check-in to make sure their experience is going smoothly and talk with NPs as needed between regular check-ins.
5. Curriculum Development – The Class Leader help develop our curriculum by identifying recommended reading, clinical resources and speakers for weekly webinars.
1. The time commitment involved with the position is about 8-10 hours a week. Weekly webinar sessions for our upcoming classes will be held from 9:30am – 11:00am CST on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. You must have these times available to be eligible for this position. You must also be available to attend both kickoff conferences (April and September 2019). All other work can be done on your own schedule.
2. The Class Leader can be a remote position. You may work anywhere as long as you have a quality internet and phone connection as well as a quiet work space. If you live in Nashville, you have the benefit of working with our energetic team at the ThriveAP headquarters at 1900 Church St.
1. Must be a certified family nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
2. Must have at least 5 years of nurse practitioner or physician assistant experience in a broad-based specialty, ideally family practice.
3. Must be available on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings for weekly webinar sessions.
4. Must maintain an active practice as a NP/PA (part-time or PRN is okay).
5. Teaching or speaking experience is helpful but not required.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to our team at (firstname.lastname@example.org).