Application season for ThriveAP+, ThriveAP’s new residency-like program for nurse practitioners is well underway. Here at ThriveAP HQ, we’ve been thrilled to receive interest in ThriveAP+ from nurse practitioners across the country and anticipate a fantastic inaugural class. One question we commonly receive about the program concerns timeline. If you are currently a nurse practitioner student, are you eligible to apply?
ThriveAP+ welcomes nurse practitioner participants of all levels of experience. The program is especially designed with new graduate NPs in mind. As a nurse practitioner myself, I experienced the frustration that comes along with jumping from clinical preceptorships into the responsibility of full-fledged NP practice. ThriveAP+ gives nurse practitioners a more comfortable, graduated transition to practice – with a purpose!
Nurse practitioners participating in ThriveAP+ must be fully certified and licensed (or close to it!) by the ThriveAP+ kick off conference in September 2016. Current nurse practitioner students graduating in summer 2016 or before are welcome to apply! Participating new grad NPs must take a certification exam and apply for licensure in a timely manner after graduation to ensure they are ready to participate in the program.
The following timeline serves as a guide for nurse practitioners interested in applying to ThriveAP+.
January 1 – February 29, 2016
- Applications for the Fall 2016-2017 ThriveAP+ class accepted
- NP students graduating in or before August 2016 welcome to apply
March – April 2016
- Applicant phone interviews with ThriveAP
- Applicant interviews with matching ThriveAP sites
- Applicant placements finalized
September 15-16, 2016
- ThriveAP+ Kickoff for participating nurse practitioners in Nashville, Tennessee!
October 3, 2016
- ThriveAP+ program officially begins, nurse practitioners begin work at designated sites
What questions do you have about participating in ThriveAP+?
If you would like to receive the ThriveAP+ Overview and ThriveAP+ Application packets, click below to have these materials delivered to your inbox.