The school year is right around the corner. Classrooms here in Tennessee will be full in a matter of just two weeks. Target and Walmart are fully stocked with #2 pencils and fresh sheets of lined notebook paper. Despite the heat, kids are stocking up on jeans, boots, and jackets for fall. I have always loved the clean slate that comes with the ‘Back to School’ season. New outfits, notebooks, and the chance to press the reset button on life, are both refreshing and motivating. As an adult, there are far fewer occasions for such a feeling.
If you’re feeling stale, or unmotivated, and could use that clean slate feeling, your job may be partially to blame. If you’re a nurse practitioner looking for a fresh start in a cardiology position, we’ve got three solid opportunities that fit the bill. While all prefer experience, these employers are happy to look at new grad NPs with substantial cardiac nursing experience. Are any of these opportunities right for you?
Cardiology NP Opportunity in New Hampshire ($95K – $115K!)
The NP will join a cardiac team of 20 MDs and 13 NPs in seeing a mix of post-op’s and consults in both floor rounding and in the clinic. The clinic sees anywhere between 10 – 20 patients on clinic days, which are currently on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Schedule is 4, 10 hour shifts with no call coverage during the week and 1:4-5 weekend hours. A physician run institution, the facility is committed to quality and to ensuring that those who practice there have the support they need.
Must have cardiac experience.
- Salary ranging from $95K – $115K
- $2,500 annual CME allowance
- 25 days PTO
- 403b plan with matching
One of New Hampshire’s largest medical centers with a warm and welcoming culture, located within an hour’s drive to both Boston and to the White Mountains for premier skiing, hiking, etc., and just 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean. Community has excellent schools and no state income or sales tax.
NP for Cardiac Nights in Tennessee ($120K – $170K!)
A 225 bed, national award-winning, state-of-the-art regional medical center serving the Upper Cumberland region of Tennessee. The NP will work with eleven Cardiologists on staff and three Nurse Practitioners, dealing with consults from the ER and the Hospitalists. Schedule is 3 – 4 consecutive 12 hour shifts, from 8 pm – 8 am, with no call coverage and 1:2 weekend coverage.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing Masters program
- Evidence of continuing education
- Current unrestricted Tennessee licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse and RN
- Must hold a National Certification in a Nursing Specialty Area
- Prefer 1-3 years NP experience with cardiac patients in acute hospital setting
- Previous experience as RN in ICU or cardiac step-down
- Salary ranging from $120K – $170K plus $4/hr shift differential
- $4,000 sign-on bonus with 2 year contract
- Up to $5,000 relocation assistance
- CME allowance of 1 week and up to $2,500
- 17+ days of PTO
- Full benefits, life 401K with matching
- Pretax meals
- Children’s center up to 5 years old
- Will cover 1 mil/3 mil liability.
- DEA reimbursement
Interventional Cardiology NP Needed in Delaware ($100K – $138K!)
A 200 bed, not-for-profit community hospital offering an array of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services. Located in a thriving beach and vacation resort area with a growing year-round population. The principle duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to performing pre-procedure assessments, histories and physicals, education and counseling of patients on cardiac disease and treatments, responsible for tentative diagnosis, order and provide preliminary interpretation of lab studies, post procedure management of patient, assist with discharging of patient.
Position will start at 7 am or 9 am, with no call coverage or weekends.
- Must be an Acute NP or FNP with at least 2 years of cardiac care in a hospital
- Minimum 2 years’ experience functioning as a NP with Cardiac Cath and Invasive Cardiology patients preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinical nursing preferred.
- Must have knowledge of pharmacology principles, dysrhythmia, ability to assess clinical situations and initiate appropriate treatment and interpret laboratory data, respond to emergency situations, coordinate work schedules to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency
- Salary ranging from $100K – $138K!
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Vision, Dental, 403B, short and long term disability)
- 529 college savings plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Food Discounts
- CME Allowance
- 35 days PTO
Didn’t find the job you were looking for? Check out the ThriveAP Job Board for more opportunities.