As we round the corner to graduation season, we’ve got new grad NPs on the brain here at ThriveAP HQ. One thing we hear a lot from readers is that the licensing process can be pretty difficult to navigate for new graduate nurse practitioners. It seems like every time you turn the corner there’s more paperwork to fill out or a different designation to apply for. Having been through the NP licensing process myself I understand where you’re coming from.
To help clear up the confusion, we’ve put together a new resource for new grad nurse practitioners. You can download our free eBook, The Licensing Guide – Navigating the Paperwork NPs Need to Practice, starting today. Here’s what you can expect to find in the guide:
- Roadmap to the licensing and credentialing process outlining the various licenses, certifications and designations required for nurse practitioners to practice and prescribe.
- Tips on expediting the licensure process and information about a few states with special licensing considerations.
- The process for obtaining a NPI number.
- FAQ about applying for a DEA number along with information about additional steps that may be required to prescribe in certain states.
- The what, when, why and how of credentialing.
If you’ve got questions about licensing and credentialing for nurse practitioners, check out our new eBook here.